02 Oct 2023
Nebraska Law’s Space, Cyber, and Telecommunications Law Program held the 16th Annual Space Law Conference on September 29th. Over 70 attendees heard from speakers and panelists discussing a variety of current issues facing the space law industry at the Army and Navy Club in downtown Washington D.C.
The conference featured a keynote from The Honorable Peter J. Beshar, General Counsel of the Department of the Air Force. Also featured were two panels: one discussing the concerns about military uses of U.S. Commercial satellites, and one discussing current issues in commercial space.
Keynote Speakers and Panelists:
- Current Dynamics and Looming Challenges in Commercial Space
- Elsbeth Magilton (moderator), University of Nebraska
- Krystal Azelton, Secure World Foundation
- Laura Cummings, Astroscale
- Ruth Pritchard-Kelly, RPK Advisors
- Professor Matt Schaefer, University of Nebraska
- Legal Questions about Growing Uses of U.S. Commercial Satellites
- Program Director and Professor Jack Beard (moderator), University of Nebraska
- Dr. Brian Weeden, Secure World Foundation
- Professor Frans von der Dunk, University of Nebraska
- Makena Young, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- Jeremy Grunert, Maj., USAF, Operations and International Law (AF/JAO)
Nebraska’s Annual Space Law Conference was sponsored by the American Society of International Law Space Law Interest Group and The American Branch of the International Law Association. The program also thanks Franceska Schroeder, for being our site sponsor for the Army and Navy Club.
For updates on our program and future events, sign up for our mailing list.