The Outstanding Service Award recognizes an alumna/us or friend of the College who provides exceptional service to the College of Law.
- Distinguished by demonstrating loyalty, leadership and service to the College of Law.
- Needs not be an alumna/us.
Medal awarded at the Dean's Advisory Board Awards banquet and permanent recognition through a publicly-displayed plaque at the college.
Most Recent Winner
Phyllis A. Acklie
Phyllis Acklie is a director of Capital Casualty Company and the Acklie Charitable Foundation, and a member of the Wyuka Historical Foundation. Phyllis previously served on the boards of Crete Carrier Corporation, Electronic Contracting Company, Union Bank and Trust Company, all in Lincoln, Nebraska for many years. She is a member of the Nebraska Art Association and Women Investing in Nebraska (WIN).
Phyllis previously served on the boards (and as a term as President) of Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation and the Lincoln Community Foundation, the Bryan Memorial Hospital Foundation and Bryan Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees. She also served as a Trustee of the University of Nebraska Foundation for several decades.
- 2020/21: Marty Davis & the Marvin and Virginia Schmid Foundation
- 2019: John C. Anderson
- 2018: Janice M. Gradwohl
- 2017: Earl Scudder
- 2016: Glenda Pierce
- 2015: Dennis Weibling
- 2014: Esther Beynon
- 2013: Harvey S. Perlman
- 2012: James R. Nearhood
- 2011: Deryl Hamann
- 2010: Robert & Joanne Berkshire
- 2009: Earl & Patricia Scudder
- 2008: Suzy & Charlie Wright
- 2007: Barb & Ron Schaefer
- 2006: Claire & Charlene Johnson
- 2005: Alan H. Frank
- 2004: The Children of Harold W. Kauffman
- 2003: Marvin & Virginia Schmid
- 2002: Richard C. & Catherine Stuart Schmoker