Current Challenges in Military and Commercial Space Law
Nebraska Law's Annual Space Law Fall Conference is September 29, 2023 in Washington D.C.
The Nebraska Space, Cyber, and Telecommunications Law Program is thrilled to be returning to Washington D.C. for our 16th Annual Fall Conference. Our faculty, leadership, and students look forward to working in D.C. and visiting alumni and colleagues across the space law community. The conference will be held on Friday, September 29th. This year the conference is again offered to the space law community and students at no cost.
Due to the nature of the venue, we are not able to offer the conference online at this time. Registration closes September 22nd. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
The conference will be held at The Army and Navy Club at Farragut Square. The Army and Navy Club has been a prestigious home away from home for the most illustrious names in America's military and political history. The Army and Navy Club is a private, members-only institution and Nebraska Law thanks our site sponsor and adjunct professor, Franceska Schroeder, for her help in coordinating this beautiful location.
901 Seventeenth Street, NW Washington, DC 20006, (202) 628-8400
8:00 - 9:00 Check-In and Continental Breakfast
9:00 - 9:10 Welcome from Program Director and Professor Jack Beard
9:10 - 9:30 Keynote
9:30 - 9:45 Break
9:45 - 11:00 Panel 1: Current Dynamics and Looming Challenges in Commercial Space
- Elsbeth Magilton, University of Nebraska (moderator)
- Krystal Azelton, Secure World Foundation
- Laura Cummings, Astroscale
- Ruth Pritchard-Kelly, RPK Advisors
- Matt Schaefer, University of Nebraska
11:00 - 11:15 Break
11:15 - 12:30 Panel 2: Legal Questions about Growing Military Uses of U.S. Commercial Satellites
- Jack Beard, University of Nebraska (moderator)
- Dr. Brian Weeden, Secure World Foundation
- Frans von der Dunk, University of Nebraska
- Makena Young, Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- Maj. Jeremy Grunert, USAF, Command & Total Force, Space Law Division Office of the Judge Advocate General