For two years in a row, Nebraska Law has been named the #1 Best Value Law School in the U.S. by the National Jurist and preLaw Magazine. Best value is not based solely on a school’s affordability. Rather, Nebraska Law earned this #1 ranking because of our low tuition rates and cost of living, strong bar passage rates, our success in placing our students in JD-required or JD-preferred positions, and the low level of law school debt our students have when they graduate.
The data used for the Best Value ranking is based on statistics and information from the prior academic years. Since that time, many of the figures have changed. The most up-to-date figures are as follows:
- 2019-2020 1L Tuition and Fees: $16,423 (resident); $38,170 (non-resident)
- 2019-2020 Cost of Living: $17,910
- Class of 2019 Bar Passage Rate – First-Time Nebraska Takers: 91%
- Class of 2018 Graduates in Bar Passage Required or JD Advantage positions: 94.6%
- Class of 2019 Average Student Debt Upon Graduation: $57,228
"I'll be able to come out with less debt than my peers. What that allows me to do, is really go out and explore different opportunities."
-Daniel Gutman, Class of 2016