30 Aug 2023
The Nebraska Deterrence Laboratory has been awarded a University of Nebraska Collaboration Initiative Grant for their project, "Multi-Actor Risk Analysis Methodology." Elsbeth Magilton, '11, is a member of this team and serves as the Director of Externships, Executive Director of the Space, Cyber, and Telecommunications Law programs, and Adjunct Professor of Law at the College of Law.
Other members of the laboratory include Dr. Deanna House, Dr. Tyler White, Dr. Michelle Black, and Dr. Lana Obradovic. The lab aims to help agencies and organizations across the government and military better anticipate emerging national and international security challenges and deter future threats. The team is developing and testing tools that can help inform decision-making and analysis for national strategy.
This award allows them to continue their work, and most importantly, continue the work of their critical PhD and graduate students. Contributors and collaborators include faculty and students from the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL).
The full Nebraska Deterrence Laboratory team
- Michelle Black, Associate Professor of Political Science at UNO, Security Innovations Academic Program Director and Research at NCITE, and NSRI fellow
- Deanna House, Assistant Professor of Information Systems and Quantitative Analysis at UNO and NSRI fellow
- Lana Obradovic, Director of International Studies and Associate Professor of Political Science at UNO, and NSRI fellow
- Tyler White, Associate Professor of Practice of Political Science and Director of National Security at UNL, and NSRI fellow
- Elsbeth Magilton, Director of Externships and the Executive Director of the Space, Cyber, and Telecommunications Law, University of Nebraska College of Law at UNL, and NSRI fellow
- Josie Nelson, Graduate Assistant and Student at UNO Steve Saunders, Research Assistant at UNO
- Rachel Urban, Graduate Assistant and Student at UNL Medicine Flower Blue Star, Graduate Student at UNO
- Miranda Barna, Undergraduate Student at UNO
- Jimmy Hang, Undergraduate Student at UNO
- Cameron Carpenter (UNO Contributor)
- Blake Hopping (UNO Contributor)