Nebraska Law is committed to providing technology resources and support services to enhance all aspects of teaching and learning. Our I.T. and A/V staff offer services including:
- Submit an A/V Request Form for:
- Audio-Visual orientation and support
- Classroom Lecture recordings
- Distance learning class support
- Live-streaming and webinar support
- Hands-on assistance for Special Events
- Portable A/V Equipment loan & setup
- Technology Equipment for check-out
(including Windows laptops, USB DVD drives, presentation remotes, digital voice recorders, headphones)
- Endpoint management and security
- Technology life-cycle planning
- I.T. hardware and software procurement
- Wired and wireless networking access
- Office technology support (telephones, printing, scanning, employee onboarding)
- Clinical Law Programs technology support
- Student orientation and first-time login help
- Setup assistance for Wepa Printing
- Student Laptop Recommendations
Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware
Students are welcome to use the free university antivirus, Symantec Endpoint Protection. Note that this is not the same as Norton Antivirus which has known issues with Exam4. Symantec Endpoint Protection may falsely accuse exam4 of being viral and ask for confirmation that you wish to run exam4, this is a false positive due to the nature of security implemented in exam4 so simply allow it.
To obtain antivirus software, go to http://antivirus.unl.edu/
New Student Instructions What do I need to do as a new student coming to the Nebraska College of Law?
Gain access to MyRED. After being admitted to UNL you will receive a Student ID number and a 4-digit pin to access your MyRED Account.
Going to http://myred.unl.edu/ you can then enter your Student ID number and your pin as your password to log into MyRED. Once logged in you can click on the Additional Services tab and you will find your Canvas username. Your My.UNL and MyRED accounts share the same password. Go to https://trueyou.nebraska.edu if you need to set a new password in order to access to Canvas.
If you cannot recover your password, contact Huskertech Help Center at 402-472-3970 for assistance.
Join the EDUROAM network and sign in using your My.UNL account + "@unl.edu" and your My.UNL Password.
Go to http://wifi.unl.edu for additional help logging in.
UNL issues every student an official Huskers email address. You must be able to access this account in order to sign up for library/research database services and other student-only or academic websites.
To access your Inbox on the web, go to http://mymail.unl.edu/ and log in with your My.UNL account.
Email your name and your Huskers email address to Sandy Placzek (email@example.com) to get signed up for the listserv.