Nebraska Law is committed to providing technology resources and support services to enhance all aspects of teaching and learning. Our I.T. and A/V staff offer services including:
- Submit an A/V Request Form to request:
- Audio-Visual orientation and support
- Classroom Lecture recordings
- Distance learning class support
- Live-streaming and webinar support
- Hands-on assistance for Special Events
- Technology Equipment for check-out
(including Windows laptops, USB DVD drives, presentation remotes, digital voice recorders, headphones)
- Portable A/V Equipment loan & setup assistance
- Student Laptop Recommendations
- Student orientation and first-time login help
- Technology life-cycle planning
- I.T. hardware and software procurement
- Endpoint management and security
- Wired and wireless network access
- Phone line requests and office move coordination
- Office technology support for faculty & staff
(including printing, scanning, and other peripherals)
- Clinical Law Programs technology support
- Assistance contacting other support teams for help with centrally-provided NU and UNL technology services
Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware
Students are welcome to use the free university antivirus, Symantec Endpoint Protection.
We have found that Symantec Endpoint Protection sometimes falsely identifies Exam4 as malicious, and asks for confirmation that you wish to run exam4. This is a false positive due to the nature of security measures implemented in exam4, so if you are prompted please allow it.
To obtain free antivirus software for your computer, go to http://antivirus.unl.edu/
New Student InstructionsWhat do I need to do as a new student coming to the Nebraska College of Law?
Find your NUID Number
After being admitted to UNL you will receive a Student ID number and a 4-digit pin to access your MyRED Account. Refer to the instructions provided in the email you received from the admissions office.
Claim your TrueYou and MyUNL IDs
You will need two different accounts to access services at the University - your TrueYou account and your My.UNL account. Visit http://trueyou.nebraska.edu/ to claim your identity and set your passwords. You will need your 8-digit NUID Number to do this.
If you cannot set or recover your password, contact Huskertech Help Center at 402-472-3970 for assistance.
Join the eduroam network and sign in using your My.UNL account username + "@unl.edu", and your My.UNL Password.
Go to http://wifi.unl.edu for additional help logging in, or for instructions specific to mobile devices, etc.
UNL issues every student an official Huskers email address. You must be able to access this account in order to sign up for library/research database services and other student-only or academic websites. Important announcements will also be sent to you at this mailbox.
To access your Huskers Email on the web, go to http://mymail.unl.edu/ and log in with your My.UNL account.
You can also add it to your mobile device or desktop apps by using the "Office365" account type during account setup.
Email your name and your Huskers email address to Sandy Placzek (email@example.com) to get added to our college listservs.