2021 Spring Commencement
Honoring the Class of 2021
The Nebraska College of Law commencement ceremony will take place on Friday, May 7, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. at Pinnacle Bank Arena (400 Pinnacle Arena Drive). The ceremony will last approximately 1.5 hours.
Required COVID-19 Testing for Graduates. All graduates participating in Commencement on May 7 and 8 are required to receive a negative COVID-19 test result prior to their graduation ceremony. Vaccination status is not a factor. Details to schedule your test.
Information for graduates
- There are three surveys which need to be copmleted prior to graduation:
- Graduation Participation via the Graduation Exit Survey
- CDO Graduate Survey can be found on Roscoe, under "shortcuts, graduation survey"
- CJC Family Law Survey
- We will notify you when caps and gowns arrive. They should be picked up no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 5.
- Day of graduation, arrive no later than 9:15 a.m. and enter the east door on ground level, closest to the Huskers Authentic Store.
- Put your cap and gown on when you arrive and hold your hood until you're called onto stage. The tassel should be on the right side of your cap until end of the ceremony.
- Photos: A professional photographer will take your photo while you are hooded and handed your diploma. Once proofs are available, a URL will be emailed to you for purchase options.
- Miscellaneous: You must repay any oustanding short term loans from Nebraska Law and pay any outstanding tuition balances. You will not recieve your diploma until you have paid the remaining balances to the College or University.
Information for guests
The following information will help insure the day goes smoothly for graduates and their guests.
To avoid inconveniences, guests are encouraged to arrive early and travel light.
- Masks are required for all those who wish to attend the ceremony in person.
- To maintain a secure environment, Pinnacle Bank Arena enforces a clear-bag policy that limits the size and type of bag that may be brought into the venue.
- Guest services and first aid are located on Level 3, Gate 112.
- A drop-off area for mobility-restricted guests will be available on the south side of the U.S. Post Office building, 700 R St., directly east of Pinnacle Bank Arena, although the area is expected to be highly congested.
- Graduates will be seated on the floor.
- There is not a limit of guests per graduate and tickets are not required for the ceremony. However, social distancing guidelines while seated are in effect. Meaning, family groups must maintain a six foot distance between each other.
- Handicap seating is available on the concourse level in Sections 106, 107, 112, 114, 117 and 118.
- Parking is available in the Festival Parking Lot north of the arena and the garage attached to the arena.
- There are also parking garages located within the area and can be reserved ahead of time.
- Courtyard by Marriott Lincoln Downtown
- Graduate Lincoln
- Hilton Garden Inn Downtown/Haymarket
- Hyatt Place Lincoln/Downtown Haymarket