2024 Spring Commencement
Honoring the Class of 2023
The Nebraska College of Law commencement ceremony will take place on Friday, May 3, 2024 at 4:00 p.m. at Bob Devaney Sports Center (1600 Court St) and will last approximately 1.5 hours.
Information for graduates
- We will notify you when caps and gowns arrive. They should be picked up no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 1.
- Day of graduation, arrive no later than 3:15 p.m. and enter the lower north doors, closest to the Francis Allen Training Complex.
- Put your cap and gown on when you arrive and hold your hood until you're called onto stage. The tassel should be on the right side of your cap until end of the ceremony.
- Photos: A professional photographer will take your photo while you are hooded and handed your diploma. Once proofs are available, a URL will be emailed to you for purchase options.
- Miscellaneous: You must repay any oustanding short term loans from Nebraska Law and pay any outstanding tuition balances. You will not recieve your diploma until you have paid the remaining balances to the College or University.
- Additional details will be provided within the month prior to the ceremony.
Information for guests
The following information will help ensure the day goes smoothly for graduates and their guests.
Devaney Center follows a clear bag policy. Additional details can be found here.
- Graduates will be seated on the on the main floor.
- Seating is based on first come, first serve basis and is accessible from the concourse level.
- There is not a limit of guests per graduate and tickets are not required for the ceremony.
- This will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Cornhusker Marriott
- Courtyard by Marriott Lincoln Downtown
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln
- Graduate Lincoln
- Hilton Garden Inn Downtown/Haymarket
- Hyatt Place Lincoln/Downtown Haymarket
- The Kindler Hotel