Matthew S. Novak
Associate Professor of Law Library & Reference Librarian
LAW UNL 68583-0902
(402)472-8302 | Email
- M.A., 2005, University of Missouri, Columbia
- J.D., 1996, University of Nebraska College of Law
- B.A., 1992, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Associate Professor of Law Library, 2011
- Assistant Professor of Law Library, 2005
Matt Novak is an associate professor and reference librarian at the Marvin and Virginia Schmid Law Library of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Law. Prior to joining the Schmid Law Library, he was an Assistant Public Defender with the Missouri Public Defender System. In addition to his reference duties, Professor Novak co-teaches the legal research component of the First Year Legal Research and Writing Course. He has lectured on legal research and legal information technology issues. Professor Novak received his B.A. from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, his J.D. from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Law, and his M.A. in Library Science from the University of Missouri-Columbia. He is a member of the Nebraska Bar Association, the Missouri Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the American Association of Law Libraries, and the Mid-America Association of Law Libraries.
Legal Research in the Digital Age: Authentication and Preservation of Primary Material, Neb. Law., July/August 2010, at 19.
Don't Reinvent the Wheel: Legal Research Guides and Bibliographies Will Save You Valuable Time and Effort, Neb. Law., November/December 2010, at 23.
"Discover the Invisible Web." National Business Institute seminar "Find it Free and Fast on the Internet: Strategies for Legal Research on the Web." Omaha NE, May 8, 2007.
"The Nuts and Bolts of Estate Planning Research" with Stefanie Pearlman. University of Nebraska College of Law and School of Accountancy in cooperation with Nebraska Continuing Legal Education, Inc., Estate and Business Planning NCLE, May 12, 2006.
- Legal Research in the Digital Age: Authentication and Preservation of Primary Material, Neb. Law., July/August 2010, at 19.
- Don't Reinvent the Wheel: Legal Research Guides and Bibliographies Will Save You Valuable Time and Effort, Neb. Law., November/December 2010, at 23.
- Education for the Final Frontier, AALL Spectrum, February 2011, at 14.