The College of Law is committed to providing staff, faculty, and students with computer hardware, software, and services to enhance all aspects of teaching and learning. Information services available at the Law College are:
- hardware repair
- assistance with Microsoft Office 2010 and 2011
- assistance with Internet browsers and e-mail
- assistance with Mac OSX 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8
- assistance with Windows 7 and 8
- assistance with UNL software applications
- assistance with legal software
- hardware and software purchasing
- software installation
- Wireless Network Registration
- UNL-AD Activation
- Computer Purchasing Guide
- Student Printing
- Huskers Email
Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware
Students are welcome to use the free university antivirus, Symantec Endpoint Protection. Note that this is not the same as Norton Antivirus which has known issues with Exam4. Symantec Endpoint Protection may falsely accuse exam4 of being viral and ask for confirmation that you wish to run exam4, this is a false positive due to the nature of security implemented in exam4 so simply allow it.
Students do not have permission to log into resident classroom computers without written authorization from the Dean's office.
What do I need to do as a new student coming to the UNL College of Law?
The quick process is:
- ID Claim
- Setup Student Lab Printer
- Huskers Email
Step by Step Instructions for students new to UNL:
- Gain access to MyRED. After being admitted to UNL you should receive a Student ID number and a 4-digit pin to access your MyRED Account
- Going to http://myred.unl.edu you can then enter your Student ID number and your pin as your password to log into MyRED. Once logged in you can click on the Additional Services tab and you will find your blackboard username. By default your password for blackboard is your Student ID number.
- Go to http://id.unl.edu/claim and proceed through claiming your account. This will give you access to blackboard.
- Go to http://wifi.unl.edu to register your wireless network card. Detailed instructions can be found here.
- Setup Lab Printer, instructions found here.
- Sign up for a huskers.unl.edu email account.
- Email your name and new huskers email address to Sandy Placzek (email@example.com) to get signed up for the listserv.