The College of Law is committed to providing staff, faculty, and students with computer hardware, software, and services to enhance all aspects of teaching and learning.
Information services available at the Law College include:
- hardware repair
- assistance with Microsoft Office 2010 and 2011
- assistance with Internet browsers and e-mail
- assistance with Mac OSX 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9
- assistance with Windows 7 and 8
- assistance with UNL software applications
- assistance with legal software
- hardware and software purchasing
- software installation
- Wireless Network Registration
- UNL-AD Activation
- Computer Purchasing Guide
- Student Printing
- Huskers Email
Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware
Students are welcome to use the free university antivirus, Symantec Endpoint Protection. Note that this is not the same as Norton Antivirus which has known issues with Exam4. Symantec Endpoint Protection may falsely accuse Exam4 of being a virus, and will ask for confirmation that you wish to run Exam4. This is a false positive due to the nature of security implemented in exam4 so simply 'allow' it to run.
Students do not have permission to log into resident classroom computers without written authorization from the Dean's Office.
What do I need to do as a new student coming to the UNL College of Law?
The quick process is:
- Get MyRED log-in (Course Registration)
- Claim your My.UNL ID
- Register for WiFi Access
- Get Huskers.unl.edu Email Account
- Add email to the ListServ's
- Have us install Law Library Printer
Step by Step Instructions for students new to UNL:
- Gain access to MyRED: (After being admitted to UNL you should receive a Student ID number and a 4-digit pin to access your MyRED Account.) Visit the website http://myred.unl.edu - you will log in using your Student ID number and your assigned PIN number.
- Claim your My.UNL ID: Go to http://id.unl.edu/claim and fill in the fields, then proceed through the guided process of claiming your account. This will give you access to My.UNL (Blackboard).
- Register for WiFi: Go to http://wifi.unl.edu to register for WiFi access from your laptop, tablet, and/or smartphone. You must register each individual device. Detailed instructions can be found here.
- Sign up for your huskers.unl.edu email account.
- Email your name and your Huskers email address to Sandy Placzek (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get signed up for the student listserves.
- Visit the Law College I.T. Dept. in Room 170, Schmid Law Library, to have us install the Law Library Printer on your laptop.
Law College I.T. Department
Dept. Phone: (402) 472-3206
Director of Information Technology
Senior Tech Support Specialist
Kutak Rock Computer Suite
Room 170, Schmid Law Library
P.O. Box 830902
Lincoln, NE 68583-0902